Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CookieMonster
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh single table with button on page

What I am looking to do is similar to the post here, but instead of having to go to the table and click the 3 dots then refresh, I want to place a button on the page which will refresh a specific single (or multiple but not all) table.

Can anything like this be done?

The report is only being viewed in Power BI Desktop by users.

6 REPLIES 6
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CookieMonster,

Please keep your eye on this feature request: DataSource Refresh Action/Button, which will be considered if more people need it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@v-huizhn-msft wrote:

Hi @CookieMonster,

Please keep your eye on this feature request, which will be considered if more people need it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Sorry where is the feature request?

Hi @CookieMonster,

I have updated my reply, please review it.

Thanks,
Angelia

edhans
Super User
Super User

Not easily, if at all. 

There is an article here on using Flow to trigger a report, and you can trigger a flow via a button on your phone, but that seems like more work than it is worth to avoid the elipses.

You should consider using Direct Query if your data source allows it. That is always refreshed when a user clicks on the report. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

IL have a read of the page tomorrow. Interesting that you say 'You should consider using Direct Query if your data source allows it. That is always refreshed when a user clicks on the report.'
I'm using direct query, and I have a text filter, but when clearing then searching again in text filter it's not refreshing the query. Should it be?

It should. Any interactions with the report should force it to get the latest data. You can hit the refresh icon though on the ribbon, next to File/View/Edit Report, to force a refresh as well. That is your refresh button you want. I assumed you had an import query, and the refresh button then just refreshes the display, not the data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors