Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JIblasco
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh screen report in Report Server

Good morning

I would like to know if it is possible to refresh an on-screen report published on Report Server without any intervention. I have scheduled a report update every minute, but I've already noticed that this isn't automatic, but that you depend on the Update or F5 button.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello friend, were you able to fix it? I'm looking for the same thing...

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @JIblasco 

For tile refresh, Power BI maintains a cache for every tile visual on your dashboards and proactively updates the tile caches when data changes. In other words, tile refresh happens automatically following a data refresh. This is true for both, scheduled and on-demand refresh operations. You can also force a tile refresh by selecting More options (...) in the upper right of a dashboard and selecting Refresh dashboard tiles.

For further information, please refer to the following document.

data refresh in Power BI 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JIblasco , There is an option for the direct query dataset. not for import.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-automatic-page-refresh

Good @amitchandak,

Thank you for your quick response,

What you're reviewing to refresh in the report design I know, but it's not available for the Power BI Report Server version. When you want to use Power BI Report Server, Microsoft tells you to use the corresponding Power BI Desktop, which is the one I show at the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57271

In Power BI Report Server, the only way I've found to refresh a report is, once uploaded, to schedule a periodic refresh, in my case every minute. I put the link as it works in case I'm not explaining myself well:

https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/power-bi/report-server/configure-scheduled-refresh

This update causes the data to refresh below, but for it to be displayed in the report (from the navegor) you have to press the refresh button. What I would like is that it was not necessary to press that button, and that the report be refreshed without any user action.

I look forward to your answer, in case you know how to do it,

Thanks again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.