Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerbbbuuuuu
Frequent Visitor

Refresh scheduler - issue: The 'Authorization' header is only supported when connecting anonymously

My data source is based on calling web API

My report is published but I got the issue in the subject. 

I've seen other posts where people had the same issue (below thread): 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Cannot-sign-in-with-Anonymous-Authentication-for-a-Web-API/...

The link was a few years ago so is there any way that I can overcome this issue?

Some other blogs suggests to call the web API via Azure Proxy so that the refresh scheduler would work with web API. Is it a doable way now?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @powerbbbuuuuu 

In case you're still struggling exporting data from Servicenow, you might want to try out our Servicenow app: Power BI Connector:

In order to set up scheduled refresh you may refer to our User Guide section: https://aserve.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PBISN/pages/2543321091/Schedule+a+refresh+on+Power+BI+Servi...

We have a handy User and Admin Guides for your convenience, but feel free to reach out support team at support@alpha-serve.com if you need any assistance.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anton

===

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbbbuuuuu ,

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@powerbbbuuuuu , for which source you are trying that.

For example, when we try to connect to google sheet, we need to Anonymous user; with a public link. While one drive we can use user-id

I have used both in this article

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Platform-Integrations/Power-Apps-Power-BI-Better-together-Wri...

I am access a ServiceNow API. ServiceNow API requires username and password. However, The refresh would just fail when I used the 'Basic' option and it gives me the error "The 'Authorization' header is only supported when connecting anonymously.

Hi @powerbbbuuuuu ,

Maybe you can take a look at the below document to use VSTS.AccountContents to instead web.connect:

Connect using Power Query and Azure DevOps functions 

Refer this similar issue that could help you:

Power-BI-Service-scheduled-refresh-failure 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.