Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielpenafiel
Frequent Visitor

Refresh only current year data

Hi,

I would like to set up my pbix to refresh the data only of current and last year. I have static data since 2014 to 2017.

I not sure if the incremental refresh is the better way or perphaps i need to create to querys one static and other that refresh and then merge both.

The botton line is get faster refreshing time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needs to be incremental refresh.  The other way you described will still force both queries to refresh.

You can create a calculated table in DAX using the following syntax:

IncrementalTable = 
UNION(
    StaticTable, 
    RefreshingTable
)

This will require that both tables have the same columns names and are in the same order.

This will also double the size of your model.  You'll only build your measures off of the new calculated table, but you need the other loaded into the model to build it.

If you have already paid for PowerBI Premium, use incremental refresh.

Or try to build the tables using Dataflows (again, a premium feature), and set up incremental refresh there.

Best,

~ Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needs to be incremental refresh.  The other way you described will still force both queries to refresh.

You can create a calculated table in DAX using the following syntax:

IncrementalTable = 
UNION(
    StaticTable, 
    RefreshingTable
)

This will require that both tables have the same columns names and are in the same order.

This will also double the size of your model.  You'll only build your measures off of the new calculated table, but you need the other loaded into the model to build it.

If you have already paid for PowerBI Premium, use incremental refresh.

Or try to build the tables using Dataflows (again, a premium feature), and set up incremental refresh there.

Best,

~ Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.