Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cheryl-lee33
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh of SharePoint data source updated or not?

Hi,

I hope someone can advise me what has happened.  I have a couple of Power BI reports using SharePoint folders as source data.  The scheduled refresh has been fine.  Yet, just now, I noticed something strange.  When I refreshed the data, I did not receive any error message.  However, under the gateway connection, I saw the following:

cheryl-lee33_0-1611069022084.png

There seems to be a cross for the SharePoint data.  When I connected to the source data in either Power BI desktop or Power BI Service, I can connect to the source without any problem.  As soon as I published the report to Power BI desktop, SharePoint data source always shows as above. 

Is there a problem?  What should I do to fix it?  I have signed in Microsoft365 for sure.  Also, I have checked my Data source credentials using "Edit credentials", and there is no error message either.  

Any input and suggestions are much appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I don't believe there is anything wrong

You don't need to use the gateway for that data source, since it is in the cloud

However, I believe you have the option to do so, and that is why it shows up there

View solution in original post

Yes, they get added automatically, to give you the option of refreshing them through the gateway

I think if a data source in your dataset is supported by the gateway, it will show up by default

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I don't believe there is anything wrong

You don't need to use the gateway for that data source, since it is in the cloud

However, I believe you have the option to do so, and that is why it shows up there

Hi @blopez11 ,

Thank you for your reply.  If there is no problem, that's great. 

The thing is that I did not specific add that source to use the gateway.  It seems to have added it automatically and then show me the red cross.  That is why I got confused.

Yes, they get added automatically, to give you the option of refreshing them through the gateway

I think if a data source in your dataset is supported by the gateway, it will show up by default

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.