Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kamalbandam
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh in powerBI desktop getting stuck

Hi,

I have a dashboard that is connected to sharepoint and loading the data from the sharepoint folder. When I refresh it is getting stuch at a point "creating connectionn to model..." and that table is having all the meaures. I am not getting why it having a problem. Previously I don't have such kind of problem.

Anyone could you please help me with this.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-yingjl ,

I had found circular dependency between the relationships. so that was causing the issue.

Thanks for your tips. That made the pbix optimization.

Best Regards,

Kamal

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kamalbandam ,

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

Hi @v-yingjl ,

I had found circular dependency between the relationships. so that was causing the issue.

Thanks for your tips. That made the pbix optimization.

Best Regards,

Kamal

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kamalbandam .

Maybe you can try the following checklists to exclude:

1. Please try to reduce the size of model like unnecessary measures
  2. Please try to disable 'Include in report refresh' in edit queries to reduce unnecessary refresh refresj.png
  3. Please try to reduce the dataset
  4. Please try to check the network status
  5. Please try to recreate a pbix file which is the same as this to refresh
  6. You can try to configure incremental refresh

If above all not help, you can post more details like screenshots for further help.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl ,

Yes, I have tried all the above but still didn;t work. I am attaching a screenshhot where it gets loaded and gets stuck at that pointScreenshot (172)_LI.jpgand also even if I try to remove or add anything like a  measure or delete any column, it is not allowing me to delete or add. 

Hi @kamalbandam ,

When refreshing in power bi desktop, did it always get load and get stuck for a long time so that you cannot do anything for it like creating measure or column? Or when creating and deleting measures did it show any error message?

Willing for further help.

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-yingjl 

Not every time. Only for this particular file. It is getting stuck. and getting not moving further. if I do not use refresh and just trying to save it, then it is giving the following and getting stopped.Screenshot (178).png

Best Regards,

Kamal

Hi @kamalbandam ,

Hmm...maybe you can clear the permissions in data source settings and try to connect to the file in a new pbix file to test refresh again if it is convenient to recreate all the measures or necessaary measures.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.