Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

datavis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Refresh from various data sources

I have a file with 6 dashboard tabs. Some of the tabs have data that updates daily from SharePoint and other tabs have data from Excel that are manually updated monthly. Can you publish this report and manually update the monthly data without interfering with the SharePoint automatic daily updates?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @datavis ,

You could install the on-premise data gateway in Power BI Service without Premium license.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @datavis ,

If I understand your sceanrio correctly that you have the combine data source in your pbix and you want to manually refresh the excel data monthly and let the SharePoint data automatic daily updates when you publish the report in Power BI Service?

We could do that via data gateway in Power BI Service.

To refresh the excel data, you should add the excel data source in data gateway then you could manually refresh the dataset.

For SharePoint online source, it will update automatically.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We have Power BI, not Power BI Premium. I think you have to have the premium version to use Gateway correct?

Hi @datavis ,

You could install the on-premise data gateway in Power BI Service without Premium license.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.