cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Refresh failure due to internal service error

Hi All,

I am getting the following error message emailed to me on a regular basis from Power BI:

"The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support."

About 50% of the time I get the above error message and the other 50% the refresh works fine.  The data being uploadedis in the order of a few MB so nothing too large.

Also, I am a Power BI Pro user and have attempted to raise a support ticket for this issue but was unable to do so.  Any ideas why I can't do so?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Luke

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User VII
Super User VII

Re: Refresh failure due to internal service error

@LukeM I would recommend to reach out to support, what is your data source? Is it on prem/cloud? Too many moving parts and usually it is hard to figure out when it works intermittently.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

Find out who's part of the program this season, and welcome the new Super Users.

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

July 2020 Community Highlights

July 2020 Community Highlights

Learn about the exciting things that happened in July.

Featured Data Story of The Month

Featured Data Story of The Month

All Data Stories Gallery contributions are reviewed for each month. We select a contribution and feature the community member the following month.

Power BI Dev Camp - Developing with .NET Core

Power BI Dev Camp - Developing with .NET Core

Learn how to develop custom web applications for Power BI using .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 5.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors