Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh failure - Dynamics365BusinessCentral: (500) Internal Server Error

Hi all,

We have a report set up by a client that has been working for a few months with no problems; it connects to three standard Business Central (BC) tables using the built-in BC connector. Over the weekend the scheduled report refresh started failing with the following error:

2019-08-06 10_43_51-Power BI.png

If we open and attempt a refresh in Power BI Desktop we get the following error:

2019-08-06 11_06_19-.png

No transformations have been made to the table - it's connected to as standard using the Dynamics 365 Business Central connector, and the Item_Card table (and the Customer_Card table for another client) is a built-in BC web service that's automatically published and made available for connection. No configuration changes have been made to either BC or the Power BI report, so these error messages are really causing me headaches.

I have tried to remove the columns we don't need, but the failure seems to be happening immediately after connecting to the data source. I have also tried replacing the data source with a connection that uses the OData feed connector and I put in the API URL, but I get the same error messages. 

I have also tried disabling the background load of data and parallel load of data as suggested elsewhere, but have had no joy.

Is there any other recommended way of connecting to Business Central data? Any help would be appreciated; if you need any further information please just ask.

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

It seems that there is something change/wrong in Dynamics365, for your case, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
hawkeyes12
Frequent Visitor

I am having a similar issue when trying to refresh a report that has an API connection to JIRA. What was your solution to this issue?

taxman221
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. 

FALedgerEntries 
Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Dynamics365BusinessCentral: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Index was outside the bounds of the array.). '.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

It seems that there is something change/wrong in Dynamics365, for your case, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks @v-lili6-msft, will do. Should I mark your reply as the solution to close it?

hi, @Anonymous 

I would suggest you share your result after get it from power bi support and then mark it as a solution to close the post.

that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.

Best Regards,

Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.