Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CMMkamil
Frequent Visitor

Refresh failed error

Hello all,

I'm a noob to Power Bi and can't seem to fix an issue with refreshing my dataset. 

I have uploaded an excel file stored on Sharepoint, created the reports and then published to Power Bi. I have then set up a scheduled refresh however, this morning I receive an email with the below message;

"

Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Table: Query1."

I have followed the steps in the link above and have downloaded the Access database thing and also made sure that my office apps and Power Bi are all 64-bit. I then tried a manual refresh and got the same error. 

Any idea why this is happening?

Many thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CMMkamil ,

If you are a pro user, not trial, I suggest you to create a support ticket to get further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CMMkamil ,

Is your Excel file saved as .xls? Please save it to .xlsx and try it again.

You can refer to this document: How to convert XLS files to XLSX so that they can be used in #PowerBI

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

CMMkamil
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Icey 

I can confirm that the file is saved in .xlsx format, please see screenshot below;

Annotation 2019-11-29 130336.jpg

mwimberger
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @CMMkamil 

@MattAllington  has a post on this problem on his blog site which may assist you : 

64 Bit Power BI Desktop with 32 Bit Office? Can do! 

Hope this helps

Cheers

Manfred

Hi @mwimberger 

Thank you for that however, nothing in the article helped. 

As mentioned in my post all the apps that I use are 64-bit and all updated 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors