Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mmccarthy
Frequent Visitor

Refresh error "A data import must be completed in less than 60 minutes"

Hi

I have a number of reports that refresh daily that encountered the following error message: "We can't retrieve the data for table correct_product_status_all from the data source due to a timeout. Please verify that the data source can process the import queries. A data import must be completed in less than 60 minutes"

This has been working normally for a long time but this issue occurred for the first time this weekend and impacted a number of reports on the same day all within the space of two hours. The error message returned one minute after the refresh started, so not certain why it is mentioning 60 minutes.

To give you a little background on how we are doing things. I am using Postgres SQL and ODBC for this report. The queries within the report all take less than 2 seconds to run and as mentioned the reports haven't had issues before.

Has anyone encountered this error before? Not seeing anything on any forums.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mmccarthy,

Can you share the error message that has many IDs? As you described here, it's quite weird. Can you refresh the same queries from the Desktop?

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by 'Can you share the error message that has many IDs?'?

Yeah it can be refreshed in Desktop. It is now refreshing as normal however I'd like to get to the route cause of the issue as we are experiencing a number of sporadic refresh failures and this is one of them.

Thanks

Michael

Hi @mmccarthy,

I'm glad it can work now. The root cause would be complicated. I would suggest you also check the workload of the PostgreSQL server to see what happened on the server side. 

The error message that told you "A data import must be completed in less than 60 minutes" usually contains details. You can click the See Details if there is one. 

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have the same problem for a large dataset that takes 90 seconds to refresh in Desktop.

Is this something anyone has seen since the last update on this topic?

Hi @Sureshot,

Were there any error messages? Please share the details if there are. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.