Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kinga99
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh doesn't remove rows

I ofter change my data set when I experiement with DAX, but then something strange happened.

My excel table had 16 rows of data.  I removed 10 rows from my spreadsheet and left only 6. I also changed the numbers in those 6 rows. When I clicked "Refresh", all of the numbers were updated, but the 10 rows did not disappear!

Now, I don't want to remove those rows in Power Query, because that operation will be performed every time new table loads. I want to make sure Power BI loads only those rows that I have saved in my current file.

I did make sure to save the excel sheet, and the names are all the same too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you all for responding. This was actually a very silly mistake. The 10 rows that kept showing up in my report were hidden in Excel - not deleted 😞

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kinga99 ,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here using Power Bi desktop Version: 2.79.5768.721 64-bit (March 2020). Could you please tell me how did remove your rows. Please delete rows instead of making them being space to check again.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thank you all for responding. This was actually a very silly mistake. The 10 rows that kept showing up in my report were hidden in Excel - not deleted 😞

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kinga99 , Where do see those rows. Do you see them empty? Because the values have changed after refresh means changes have taken place.

Seem like you deleted values. Not the rows. Select the rows in excel and delete. And then try.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That's extremely odd. Where is this Excel file located?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.