Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

corpsikumar
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh dataset automatically when we change any records from the SQL table in power bi .

Hi,

I have created a report and SQL table as a data source. Is there any way to dynamically update data in Power Bi report when we there is a new records inserted in SQL table. One way to schedule refresh but requirement is to instantly reflect the updated data In schedule refresh.

I can use power automate for this but we have only basic license and we don't have a Power BI report server as well.

Thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corpsikumar you can make use of live connection to SQL to get the live data .

Regarrds,

Husna

View solution in original post

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @corpsikumar ,

According to your needs, when the data in the data source is modified in powerbi desktop, you can directly click the "refresh" function, and it will be directly updated to the latest data from the data source.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620107131021.pngv-henryk-mstf_1-1620107169235.png

v-henryk-mstf_2-1620107318637.png

Here is the reference document link:Refresh a dataset created from a Power BI Desktop file - local - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @corpsikumar ,

According to your needs, when the data in the data source is modified in powerbi desktop, you can directly click the "refresh" function, and it will be directly updated to the latest data from the data source.

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620107131021.pngv-henryk-mstf_1-1620107169235.png

v-henryk-mstf_2-1620107318637.png

Here is the reference document link:Refresh a dataset created from a Power BI Desktop file - local - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@corpsikumar you can make use of live connection to SQL to get the live data .

Regarrds,

Husna

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.