Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tanina
Frequent Visitor

Refresh data

Hello Power bi community
I'm a beginner in power bi
In my box they put sensors in a hotel to recover energy data (electricity/hot water/cold water) over a period of one year.
I did my first study and report on the month of April and now I want to automate that and do it on other month.
I try to do it with personal OneDrive but it doesn't work. (I'll include a photo of the error that makes me).
Do you have any ideas or tips to give me please  ??

i use a fresh version sorry 😕 

thanks and Have a nice day community. erreur.PNGmanier.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

I get that you data is present in Personal One drive and that you want to use it for your report.

In such case, you can change the connection in Power BI Desktop and publish the reports. But after publishing to keep it automatic (i.e. to schedule refresh) You need a Gateway configured and the data source for this report given access in the Gateway

Only if there is a gateway present and the data source connected to the data source, you will be able to schedule refresh your report

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

I get that you data is present in Personal One drive and that you want to use it for your report.

In such case, you can change the connection in Power BI Desktop and publish the reports. But after publishing to keep it automatic (i.e. to schedule refresh) You need a Gateway configured and the data source for this report given access in the Gateway

Only if there is a gateway present and the data source connected to the data source, you will be able to schedule refresh your report

Thanks for your help

I see what you mean. i tried to do it but without success 
Do you have an example a propose me please I look on the Internet for the configuration of the gateway but I have a little worries also:/

Hi,

The Below link gives a detailed information on How to set up your Data sources in your gateway. Going through this should definitely help you with setting your data sources in the gateway

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-manage

In addtion the below links give information on installation and configuration of On-premise and personal gateway respectively (if you may need it)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-personal-mode

@Thejeswar 

Thanks for your help 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.