Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amok666 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Refresh and amount of rows

powerBI03.JPGPlant = 2rows and Released for sourcing is about 50K rows

Hello,

I have filtered for example a dimension to 2 rows however the data refresh is going through all 244 rows? Not a big thing but its rather annoying with larger tables. The dimensin for example is filtered to 50K rows but in the refresh the whole 1,5M rows are running...? Am I doing something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Refresh and amount of rows

The reason is probably that query folding doesn't happen. Check out this article on how what to do:

http://ittichaicham.com/2017/07/validate-performance-improvement-using-query-folding-feature-in-powe...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

The reason is probably that query folding doesn't happen. Check out this article on how what to do:

http://ittichaicham.com/2017/07/validate-performance-improvement-using-query-folding-feature-in-powe...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Amok666 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello and thanks for your reply.

However for some reason I cannot view any of the steps as native query?

I will check this with our IM organization since it looked promising.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

@Amok666,

Check if you are using DirectQuery mode.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.