Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maria_Maria
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh all other tables except the one that returns an error

Hi!

Usually Power BI aborts refresh of all the tables if one of them returns an error.

Like that:

Maria_Maria_0-1657191296384.png

When this happens, is it possible to make PBI refresh all the tables that don't return an error? Basically what I need it is to get past the 'blocked by failuers in other queries' thing.

Alternatively, is there a way to keep the cache data for the tables that return errors and refresh the tables that don't?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Maria_Maria,

After I check the option of power bi desktop, I haven't found any related option to skip the processing on the query with the issue. These data loading and transform operations will be canceled when the issue appeared.

For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for this requirement.

Microsoft Power BI ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
penguin-96

Hi Did you get a solution to this?

What essentially you want is to do a try except handling like the way we do in python.

I am looking for something like this as well. Please let me know if you found a solution.

@Maria_Maria 

Saap
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Maria_Maria 

You can try to disable these options:

Saap_0-1657268437481.png

Basically what I need it is to get past the 'blocked by failuers in other queries' thing

HI @Maria_Maria,

After I check the option of power bi desktop, I haven't found any related option to skip the processing on the query with the issue. These data loading and transform operations will be canceled when the issue appeared.

For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you submit an idea for this requirement.

Microsoft Power BI ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @Saap 

Thank you for the option. I think I was not clear about what I want. I have a report with around 20 tables. Sometimes some on them (every time a different one) returns an error. I know the resason and ,say, it's a planned error. What I need is a way for all other tables still refresh in the published report. I set up several refreshes, so the table that had returned an error in the previous resresh, was able to refresh during the nest time.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Maria_Maria , One of the tables is failing, Scroll up and check, Fix issues like missing columns or data type change, if it shows that

If you are not able to get the issue, then refresh the table one by one, option right click and check

debug issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6DPmKqN7s

refer how to handle error in power query
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6DPmKqN7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Lag0VOiTs

@amitchandak hi!

Thank you, but this is not what I am asking. I know why the table fails. My question was if it's possible for all other standalone tables to refresh except the one that fails.

I need a workaround when the published report got all the data from tables that don't return an error, so refreshing one-by-one is not an option here either  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.