cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KipGum Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Refresh a single SQL table programmatically in Power BI Desktop

I am working on a Power BI report that uses R to accept a slicer selection, then dynamically populate a SQL table based on a Stored Procedure.  It works great, but any Visualization I use to display the SQL data refreshes faster than the R script takes to dynamically recreate the SQL table.  

Are there any tips or tricks that can be used to slow down the refresh of an individual Power BI visualization to provide enough time for the backend SQL table to be refreshed?  Right now, I have to hit the Refresh button in Power BI Desktop to properly display the SQL data after making a new selection in my slicer that supplies the data to the R script.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Refresh a single SQL table programmatically in Power BI Desktop

Hi @KipGum ,

I am afraid that you couldn't do it currently. You could post your ideas here, maybe it will be a feature of Power BI in the future.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Refresh a single SQL table programmatically in Power BI Desktop

Hi @KipGum ,

I am afraid that you couldn't do it currently. You could post your ideas here, maybe it will be a feature of Power BI in the future.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,273)