Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fileonlineservi
Regular Visitor

Refresh a DataSet using Power Automate will not show the latest updates inside the Power Bi report

We have created a Power BI report named AuditLogs using Power BI Desktop >> the report has 2 SharePoint lists, as follow:-

fileonlineservi_0-1667992713488.png

then i implemented 2 Power Automate flows which get updated when adding/updating items iside the 2 lists >> the flows will Refresh the AuditLogs datasource as follow:-

fileonlineservi_1-1667992931855.png

but when i add a new item inside  sharepoint lists>> the power automate flow will run and will refresh the datasource succsfully >> but still inside the Report on the workspave it will keep showing the old data without any updates any idea?

now i went to the datasource and seems there si a data source credential issue >> so i tieed to using the OAuth2 method, but i got this error message:-

fileonlineservi_0-1667993606879.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fileonlineservi ,

Please check if the sharepoint URL is correct. You can try connecting to a file on SharePoint using the same credentials and authentication on desktop and republishing pbix.

You can refer to the following similar posts that may be helpful to you:

Cannot schedule or demand a refresh for SharePoint... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: How to solve the Power BI Service credential issue - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Unable to connect and refresh a folder of SharePoi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

@v-tangjie-msftthe URL is 100% correct as the same flow use to work well early on the same day

fileonlineservi
Regular Visitor

@amitchandakas i mentioned when i checked the dataset it mentioned that it has errors, when i check it further

seems there is a data source credential issue >> so i tieed to using the OAuth2 method, but i got this error message:-

fileonlineservi_0-1668003573490.png

not sure what i need to do futher?

Thanks

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@fileonlineservi , Clear browser cache, refresh and check.

Also, check the refresh history of dataset, make sure refresh was successful 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.