cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh Takes Forever [excess of 2hrs] & Consumes Resources

It's not even that much data! I do have groups, but no calculations at all. The only "calcuation" I did was column removal, and I forged some relationships. Why is it taking more than two hours to refresh this data? This solution is not a viable one for my customer if the reports take this long to refresh! This issue started in the past three or four weeks. I'm connecting to Dynamics. Thanks!

10142019 data 2.JPG10142019 data 1.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cleovii ,

If you do not want to refresh some tables in your model, please keep "Include in report refresh" unselected in Power Query. In Power BI Desktop, when you disable "Include in report refresh" option, data will not update in Report View of Power BI Desktop after you click "Refresh" button in Desktop.

load.jpg

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Icey,

I do need all the tables above. There aren't that many rows of data; do you know why it's taking so long to refresh? I have another report connected to a SQL database that refreshes without issue and many, many more rows. I'm currently trying to rebuild the report, but when selecting "choose columns," many of the columns aren't visible to select. I will be reporting that issue on a separate post. What do you think could be the issue?

Any updates? I reconnected to the data source and rebuilt the report. I still have the same issue. Although I can load the previews fine, when I try to fully load the data, it is incredibly slow.

Thank you!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cleovii ,

If you are a pro user, I suggest you to create a support ticket to get further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Icey, I'll open a  support ticket and update this thread with the solution the support engineer finds. Thank you!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cleovii ,

Have you solved it?

Best Regards,

Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session Drive Data Culture with Power BI: Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors