Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

saumitra
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh Stuck at "Creating Connection in Model"

Hello All,

Whenever I start the refresh in my report, the refresh gets stuck at "Creating Connections in Model" for hours.

Please find the below screenshot for the same:

saumitra_1-1598866158425.png

My dataset contains tables from a MySQL Database and excel files. I have made the changes in the data load settings as suggested in other posts regarding this issue but It doesn't seem to work. Please find the screenshot below:

saumitra_0-1598865704144.png

Please help

Regards,

Saumitra Upadhyay

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saumitra ,

Usually, it is caused by the vast amount of data. Please just import the tables that you need to calculate or you could turn off the option of "Include in report refresh" for the tables that you won't calculate. 

v-xuding-msft_0-1599035006083.png

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xuding-msft

That Seems to be the problem, all the queries are needed. and i can't refresh them one by one as i need to apply the changes made in the power query mode first.

All my files are hosted locally.

Regards,

Saumitra Upadhyay

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try refresh your tables/data source one by one and see if they are refreshing fine ?

Where are your Data sources residing ? are they hosted locally on your machine or they are over the internet/cloud ? See if you are connected to those sources fine outside the Power BI designer.

Also try to refresh Cache of Power BI Designer under data load?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

@FarhanAhmed

All my Files are hosted locally and I have cleared the cache several times.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@saumitra , refer if this can help - https://www.thebiccountant.com/speedperformance-aspects/

If you are on latest release then check any known issue -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.