Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kate_edwards
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Queries

I am trying to refresh data and I have a Query built out for data that I am trying to import (Picture3). Whenever I refresh I get errors and it is because a new Query is showing up with steps that I have not built out (Picture 1). These errors are causing me to not be able to refresh the data and I do not know what I am doing to cause it.  These errors show up everytime I click refresh (Picture 2). 

Thanks!

Query steps that somehow appear when I refresh that has errorsQuery steps that somehow appear when I refresh that has errorsAll the errorsAll the errorsQueryIwant.png

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kate_edwards , From screenshot not able to find the error. Se if this Promote Header is still true with new data.

It's adding steps (like adding an index and reording the columns) which I do not have in my own query. This has been happening on other data sets too, not just this one. 

Hi @kate_edwards ,

What do you do for the other datasets? Are there the same steps as this one? For the current images shown, we don't understand clearly. Please show more details, like the error messages and the steps that you did.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The other datasets I just enter directly into PowerBI, so there is never any issues with them. I have included more images. I thave my query built how I want it, but for some reason when I hit refresh to the data in PowerBI suddenly new steps appear and create errors: like creating a row ID and reording the columns. 

These are the error steps that are replace my own query, like adding the index and reording the columns. 

This is the Query editor screen after the refresh errors. You will see the steps over to the right that do not align with the steps I created (shown in the next image)This is the Query editor screen after the refresh errors. You will see the steps over to the right that do not align with the steps I created (shown in the next image)

This is the query I want. The one I built out. 

This is the query I want with the steps clearly lined out.This is the query I want with the steps clearly lined out.

This is the error I get upon refresh. 

This is the error message I get upon refresh.This is the error message I get upon refresh.The error message I get

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can check that the data source is correct, usually if you are taking it from an excel file, you may have some fields with #NA(This is an error). You can verify in the same way, which rows or fields are generating the error, entering the generated table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.