Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Preview All (power query) or

Hi all
I'm still trying to understand, what's the difference between refresh all in the refresh preview button of power query and the refresh button in the design mode of the desktop also.
Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

If you modify the table structure like append two tables, after you click "close&applied" button, the visual in report view will automatically be updated.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

There's almost no difference between the two buttons. The refresh button in design view will get the latest data by refreshing all visuals in your report. The refresh all button will refresh preview data of all queries. Both of them will request the latest data to data source.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft,

Somehow i expected this answer...but let me tell you what hapened so you can explain to me:
I've add a new table, merge it and append it. Did my visual needed and refresh it. The values weren't correct.
Went down to power query, refresh all and then the visual were correct.
Resuming, if we don't change anything in our queries, in order to update our visuals we just press the refresh all button. But if we do change something, refresh first on power bi, correct? Or do you have another procedure?

@Anonymous ,

If you modify the table structure like append two tables, after you click "close&applied" button, the visual in report view will automatically be updated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.