Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamalq123
Helper II
Helper II

Refresh Power BI Desktop Excel data

Dear All,

I am using excel to compile media industry data and then get into the Power BI Desktop through the normal procedure. After incorporating additional/ incremental information in the excel sheet then I have to refresh the Power BI Desktop so that my visualization could retain the latest info.

I have very huge data in MS Excel sheet, there are almost 700,000 rows and around 15 fields.

When I add only 15 rows in Excel sheet then every time I have to refresh the Power BI Desktop. It takes usually sometimes and effects the efficiency.

Can anyone please guide the efficient solution of this issue?

Regards,

Jamal Qamar

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jamalq123,

If you want to refresh faster, please filter data and only load necessary data, instead of full data. Aside from that, there is no better way to refresh large amount of data from what I know.

The incremental refresh is unsupported in Power BI, please review the following feature request and vote them. I believe it will come soon. After then, you will refresh the data source efficiently.

Incremental data refresh and Incremental Data Loads

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.