Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

flunte70
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh Issue

I have a report from where I get the data from an Excel file.

The last three month I have appended data to the Excel file and when I Refresh I can see the data in my Data in PowerBI.

Today I have done the same - but the data is not visible?

I have 8000 records in my Excel file and add 2000 records - but when the data has been refreshed - only 8000 records are visible in PowerBI?

I dont get any errors so what can be wrong?

I have off cause checked the data source and am sure it is the right Excel file that I am updating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I realized that the records I tried to add was not in the same format - so after changing the format - all the records are in PowerBI now 🙂

Thanks for your time!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@flunte70,

Do you refresh the data in Power BI Desktop? If so, do you enable the "Include in report refresh"option?

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the input!

When I Refresh, I right click on the table and when I do so, I don't have the "Include in report refresh"option?

28-02-2018 07-31-31.jpg

@flunte70,

Go to Query Editor of Power BI Desktop, right click  your table and check if the include in report refresh option is enabled.

Regards,

Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi again,

Thanks, I have the option checked in my Query editor.

When I look in my Excel I have 10.000 records - but in my PowerBI table I only have 8.000 records?

@flunte70,

Would you mind sharing the Excel file so that I can test? You can share the Excel file via Private Message.

Regards,
Lydia

I realized that the records I tried to add was not in the same format - so after changing the format - all the records are in PowerBI now 🙂

Thanks for your time!

It's very kind of you, thanks!

Before I do, I will just test myself if I can get all the records if I start a new report.

I will get back tomorrow.

Thanks again 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.