Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

avulasandeep
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh Failure when i merging 2 or more tables from 2 Different Data Sources

HI Everyone,

I am facing issue  while refreshing the Data .
Actually i am using  2 different Datasources  for merging the Tables then i am gettng Out of Memory space error or Hanging out my VM unable to move the cursor at this time i am restarting my VM. This was done So many times. Dont know reason behind this.
I am using Azure SQL Server as one DataSource and Sharepoint online list as another Data Soure.

Azure SQL Server has 5 Tables and Share point online list have 4 Tables need to display all the data into single table for  that i am doing merging and after doing merging  at Dev environment the report was working  fine without errors  and when i refresh the Data for Getting UAT Data (more data) at this  time i am getting Memory out of Space error or Hanging my VM not able to move the cursor again i am restarting VM for my work. 

i have another idea for refreshing data in PowerBI Service . After publishing the Dev report into PowerBI Service then i added time for scheduling refresh then at the time of refreshing the report after some time Page/Browser is getting irresponsive error . Dont know exact reason behind this .

This was done so many times from more than a week.

Please Help on this if anyone faced same kind of issue in PowerBI Desktop or PowerBI Service while refreshing the Data

Thanks in Advance
Sandeep

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@avulasandeep 

You used up the power bi service memory. You would need to go back to power query, do diagnostics see if there is any steps you could omit or simplified. Also, try remove descriptive column(long texts) from the visuals.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@avulasandeep , for VM, you can increase cache under options and setting for power bi. Also, increase virtual memory of the system try.

In power bi service, I hope you shifted using the deployment pipeline. Are you getting a detailed error?

Another suggestion if this can work. Create dataflow. add the file there in dataflow and merge. and the bring it to power bi desktop. On premium you are allowed to have direct query of dataflow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.