Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

astano05
Helper III
Helper III

Refresh Failure when Pulling from SFDC Objects

I have several reports pulling Salesforce.com objects, but every time a field is deleted from an object, I get a failure on my scheduled refresh. Manually refreshing the reports will fix the issue, but is there a way to avoid this?

"Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

The '<pii>Market_Type__c</pii>' column does not exist in the rowset. Table: Opportunity.

Next refresh for REPORT is scheduled for March 4, 2022 11:00 UTC"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not much you can do to prevent it from happening again, especially if your process depends on one of the changed fields.

Familiarize yourself with:

- the difference between Table.SelectColumns and Table.RemoveColumns

- query folding for SFDC object queries

- the concept of [Column ]?

- the Value.Is Power Query function.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @astano05 ,

Even the column is not used in teh visuals, if its part of your earlier query then Power BI will look for that column and hence it will throw the error if its not available in the data source.

Please try the below steps:

1 - Open the report(s) in PBI Desktop and clear the cache (file...options and settings... options)

2 - Refresh the data in the query editor and apply.

3 - Publish the report from PBI Desktop to service and replace the report.

4 - Set the schedule refresh.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks for the reply. Will this fix the issue moving forward if columns are changed or is this simply to fix the issue? I'm asking because I know how to resolve it when it happens, but I want it to prevent it from happening from future SFDC changes.

Not much you can do to prevent it from happening again, especially if your process depends on one of the changed fields.

Familiarize yourself with:

- the difference between Table.SelectColumns and Table.RemoveColumns

- query folding for SFDC object queries

- the concept of [Column ]?

- the Value.Is Power Query function.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There is no way to avoid that. Tell your SDFC administrators to stop messing with the objects.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.