Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jaxon
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Error Message | Exception from HRESULT

EDIT: Solved. I pulled 2 steps related to a Date and Time column that seemed to solve it for now.

I am getting an error when I refresh jsut one of my reports. This file sits on a SharePoint. 570kb. I have refreshed it several times. even today twice.

Now I am getting the error (after a reboot as well) "OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E1D" 

Refresh error.png

Any thoughts on a fix or why?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jaxon
Frequent Visitor

Solved Via Editing the Source Query. 

I pulled 2 steps related to a Date and Time column tht I split and that seemed to solve it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

I know this issue is resolved but adding in my observations here. I had to struggle for a full day to resolve this. The posts on community did not help as it's not the same case with everyone. 

https://www.hresult.info/FACILITY_ITF/0x80040E1D

This is a generic error occurred when the tool is unable to do the conversion. I could be a text field with a date populated in one of the rows or similar mismatch. One of my excels has  data in numeric formats, but one of the 0's was treated as date and it populated 12:00 AM which caused this error. Power BI will not show where the error occurred, it would have been easier if it shows. Check your data if this error occurs. 

Jaxon
Frequent Visitor

Solved Via Editing the Source Query. 

I pulled 2 steps related to a Date and Time column tht I split and that seemed to solve it.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Jaxon,

Glad to hear that you've solved it. By the way, you could post the answer as a new message and accept solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.