Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

christianfcbmx
Post Patron
Post Patron

Refresh Dahboard to the day before

Hi Dear Community,

I need and advice on how to set my dashboard to be updated automatically to the day before, meaning not considering the data related to he actual date

Any Suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
chethan
Resolver III
Resolver III

@christianfcbmx Lets refresh for today & Set RLS for Day before date & assign in Service

Regards,

Chetan K 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not perfect, but what if you set the Dataset refresh to only refresh once a day, make the time displayed 11:30pm.  You would then capture almost all of your data from the current day, and when users look at the dashboard, the last update will be from the previous day. (Except for those looking just post your dataset refresh).  You could also mess with the timezones to get closer to your target time for the data to be refreshed. 

Im trying to solve it over desktop with some DAX...any Idea?

It wasn't in DAX, but in PowerQuery I added a custom line to only populate the date table through the current date.  It could be modified to be the previous date.

= Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each [Date] <= Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow()))

I suppose removing the " = " would get the date table to only have values up to yesterday.

Hope this helps

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.