Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Content Pack from PBI Service : Reports create on HIVE Table

Hi All,

I have downloaded Data based on connection with - Azure HDInsight Spark (Beta) on PBI Desktop.
Below is the URL for the Driver i used and download HIVE Tables from SPARK cluster
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49883

I created a Report and Published to PBI Service.
I am NOT able to Reschedule Data Fresh : My PBI Service Account is a Pro Trail User account.

Error as below:
An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.
Data source error: The import Spark.Tables matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?
Also , in the Data Source Credentials it shows Blank , i mean there is NO field to enter Credentials.

Kindly suggest what went wrong . Thanks in advance.

18 REPLIES 18
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In your scenario, if you are getting data from Azure HDInsight Spark (Beta) on PBI Desktop, Power BI always has the most up-to-date data from your cluster so you do not need to schedule refreshes for the dataset. Please refer to this article: Visualize big data with Power BI and Spark on Azure HDInsigh.

Besides, connection information from the Power BI Desktop is imported into the dataset along with the data. If you setup scheduled refresh or do a manual refresh on the dataset, Power BI will use the connection information from the dataset, along with a couple other settings, to connect directly to the database, query for updates, and load those updates into the dataset. 

I guess there might be the issue on your data source. Please check if can allocate additional resources in the Resource Manager. Please see: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-spark-on-hdinsight-with-direct-connect/#troubleshooting.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for your Response. I changed the Resource Manager setting , still i see the same Error.

I have attached 2 Screenshot :

1) First is the Error which i see when trying to connect to Spark from Database option , in Power BI Service.

2) Second, is the flow which i am trying to do. 

Please refer to the Deployment handdrawn diagram for the Steps defined : 

Step 1:- Successfully downloaded HIVE Tables on my PBI Desktop through Spark ODBC connectors

Step 2:- Created Reports in Power BI Desktop, on my Local Machine

Step 3:- Published Reports

Step 4 :- Trying to connect to the Azure again through Service , so that Published reports should always be Updated as per the SCHEDULE REFRESH option in the DatasetOption 

Kindly let me know where is the gap in my Deployment Diagram (Handdrawn)

Secondly, What can be the probable issue for data NOT getting imported through Azure

Report Deployment.jpgError_Spark.png

@Anonymous, I have to say that I can reproduce your issue, I will report it internally and will update here once I get any updates.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song I have already raised the TICKET. Microsoft Team is working on this Issue. Once i get this fixed done i will updated on the community. Thank you 

@Anonymous, I got the information that there was a known issue with the ODBC driver support for Spark 1.6 connecting to Power BI and that they are already looking into it; however Spark 1.5 should be working properly. So, which version of Spark you're working with? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song  Yes - its 1.6.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song I created a cluster on Spark 1.5.2 and then tried with the Schedule Refresh Option. It has the same Error Issue. 

I don't think it should be the spark issue.

@Anonymous, senior engineers would like to report your issue to PG team, could you please share me a copy of the PBIX file that has the data connection to Spark?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song : Sharing pbix file won't be possible as it has client data.

But i am surprised, no solution from the community nor from microsoft Team yet on this problem. 

Any idea, timelines which microsoft team takes to solve these kind of issues.  

@Anonymous, one senior engineer can reproduce your issue as well and he provided his pbix and environment data to PG team. So your issue is now reported to Product team. I will definitely post back once I got any update. Thanks for reporting it, your feedback is quite important for us to make Power BI better and better. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have recieved a response from Microsoft , they will Implement this functionality .

@Anonymous, this issue should be fixed now, could you please have a check?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song Microsoft confirmed that this issue has been fixed in June release, but i see the same issue again, I have informed the issue to Microsoft Team again.Thanks

I have exactly the same issue with the Azure billing portal API (https://ea.azure.com)

Create a connection on PBI Desktop

Publish pbix to service

Same error on refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Salvolin As communicated by microsoft team  , they are working to fix this issues. The ticket has already been raised. Once the issue is fixed , i will update accordingly. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song

@v-qiuyu-msft

SCHEDULE REFRESH, Does NOT work even if you Upload your .pbix file to OnDrive Business, and try to Schedule.

It give the same Exact Error 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have published Organizational Content Pack. 

While i am trying to RESCHEDULE REFRESH , i see following Error. 

Data source error:The import Spark.Tables matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

Please guide-

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I have downloaded Data based on connection with - Azure HDInsight Spark (Beta) on PBI Desktop.

Below is the URL for the Driver i used and download HIVE Tables from SPARK cluster

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49883

I created a Report and Published to PBI Service.

I am NOT able to Reschedule Data Fresh : My PBI Service Account is a Pro Trail User account.

Error as below: 

Data source error:The import Spark.Tables matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

Also , in the Data Source Credentials it shows Blank , i mean there is NO field to enter Credentials. 

Kindly suggest what went wrong . Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.