Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

atitarev
Helper I
Helper I

Referencing slicer selections on an object with removed interactions (NONE)

Hello,

I need to make to reference the slicer selection in DAX eg SELECTEDVALUE() on objects (tables, charts) with removed interactions. Is that possible? The reason being the visualisations use filters and measures with DAX calculations based on selections, not the selection themselves.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @atitarev,

Could you have used the sync slicers function:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2018-feature-summary/#slicerSync

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @atitarev

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you try to explain it again, maybe with an illustrative example?

Hi @AlB,

I can't post my report yet. At the moment I just want to ask if it' possible to reference a selection in the slicer in a table/visualisation, which is diconnected from it. I'll wait for more responses first.

Hi @atitarev,

I could not figure out what your mean, could you please post your desired result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

(I can't get the rich text displayed on this forum today) Hello @v-danhe-msft I have saved a simplified file in: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq3-o0FYwZDghxyZolj9ZEsxakGR The slicers look the same on two pages but they use different sources. The reason is to make the charts work where a selected year/month is only the end of the period but charts display six months of data. The first page is much simpler. It has time intelligence bu the way the slicers work is straigtforward. You will see that the chart page uses a SummarisedDates table, which is not joined to anything. The desired result is to make a one set of slicers (year and month) work for ALL visualisations. It doesn't matter if they are on the same page or not.

Hi @atitarev,

Based on my test, if your slcier is set to be a report level slicer, it could apply to diferent pages:

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Hello @v-danhe-msft,

Sorry but you have misunderstood. I have no issue using report slicers or slicers across multiple pages. The slicers in the report i linked use DIFFERENT date columns for a reason - one set of columns is joined with the data, the other one is not. I need to find a solution so that I can use one set of slicers for both parts of the report - using both joined and joined date columns.

(Sorry for the late reply - I was away on holidays in Japan for a few weeks.)

Hi @atitarev,

Could you have used the sync slicers function:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-may-2018-feature-summary/#slicerSync

Regards,

Daniel He

Sorry for the late reply, @v-danhe-msft 

I was able to do it with the advanced syncronisation option. It's amazing that you can syncronise unrelated (unjoined) objects by using a group name.

I accept your suggestion as a solution. Thanks very much!

PPBI Advanced synchronisation.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.