Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Referencing date slider

If i have a date slider showing something like 4/1/2017 - 4/30/2017, would I be able to have 1 chart showing 4/1/2017 and the second chart showing 3/1/2017 - 3/31/2017.

A workaround would be to have 2 charts that interact with 2 different sliders, but I'd like the second one to reference the same slider minus 1 month. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please check the DAX in the following modified PBIX file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1Nok2cSXwsGbCvnF-_x

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Please check the DAX in the following modified PBIX file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1Nok2cSXwsGbCvnF-_x

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for the quick response. This is exactly that I'm looking for!

I am running into a bit of an issue trying to replicate this though. Would I use the Date table or the Survey's Date as the slider? I tried using it on my actual dataset and the values are coming up pretty inconsistently.

ie. if I put survey date slider to April, it says March is 3.5, but if I put slider to March, it says that it's 3.4.

If I use the date table as a slider, it shows blank. I'll see if I can post my data set

Best regards,

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps but would depend on your data and what you are trying to accomplish. Basically everything in your other visualization would need to be measures that are calculated based upon using ALL to override your slicer filter and then do the necessary date magic. 

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

The slider is used for fields that can be a calculated field. It's a basic survey results(1-4) average over the time span, The gauge current shows average for April, but we also want to compare it with last month's average.

OK, except that it is impossible for this to be answered specifically or accurately without some sample/example data and your expected output from that sample/example data. Posted as text preferrably to make it easier to copy and paste into an Enter Data query.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

I've attached an example file. 

example.pbix

download

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.