Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reference table broke after changing data source

After changing the data source from one Sql Server to another (exact same schema), all measures relating to reference tables are showing blank.

The reference tables work correctly in the Power Query Editor, showing correct information. It is just in the dashboard.

Any idea why this might be the case?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you certain that changing the data source hasn't changed any column heading names? I've seen issues in the past where changing table sources causes some column names to change.  Sometimes this could break relationships.  Check your Table Relationships screen and see if any of the relationships disappeared as well.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

All heading names are exactly the same. It's a replica database.

It's almost as if the "reference" is broken. Even if I create a new measure to do a basic count on a table it doesn't work. But I can run it on the original table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The symtoms sound like your Table Relationships have changed.  Check your links between tables and see which one or ones have disappeared.  Then take a close look on the fields that you use to link those tables for what has changed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.