Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ben83
Regular Visitor

Reference line disappears

I use a line chart with two different lines and additional a reference line. On the Y-axis I have no start and no end value adjusted, so the range is dynamic and depends by the values of the two lines. My problem is that the reference line is not always displayed. Depending on the values of the two lines it is possible that the reference line disappears. Currently the lowest value of my two lines is approximately 64% an the highest value is approximately 70%. My reference line has a value of 75%. My chart only shows me the range from 62% to 72% on the Y-axis. Is there a ability to fix the problem? I know it is possible to set a start and a end value for the Y-axis. But I need the dynamic range so this does not solve my problem satisfactory.

4 REPLIES 4
SqlJason
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Can you add a measure which is just equal to the reference line value, and then use the measure instead? (You can also use the measure in your line chart, change the color to white so that it looks invisible and then your reference line will become visible as the dotted line)

@SqlJason Thank you for your creative ideas!

Your first idea was also my first idea. But I needed a dotted line and also the value of the reference line so this solution would be my last option.

Your second idea is principally great but the problem is that the white color would also be displayed in the legend of the line chart. So this solution is not really ideal because it could be lead to confusions.

So I hope the Power BI Team will fix the bug with the disappeared reference line in association with a dynamic Y-axis (no start and no end value) as soon as possible.

And @SqlJason I wish you good luck for the final days at the best report contest! Your report is awesome. You have my support. I voted for it.

I agree the team has to fix it. Till then, if only the legend is the problem, take a screenshot of the legend, crop it so that the white part is not there, paste back the legend as an image and turn off the original legend in the chart. That way, it looks ok though behind the scenes, it is just a chart and an image of the legend (but might be ok in this case as the colours don't change)

And thanks for the support, I really appreciate it 🙂

@SqlJason Another great idea! Thank you, I will try it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.