Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

micheledubose
Resolver II
Resolver II

Reference column from another page within report

Hello,

In Power BI Desktop, I've create two pages within one report.  The first page has a page filter on columnA.  The second page has a page filter on columnB.  Both columns come from the same table.  Is it possible in the first page to reference columnB from the second page using a measure?  I want to be able to get the sum of columnA and columnB.  Moreover, I'm connecting to an SSAS database so many functions within desktop is disabled for me.

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@micheledubose yes you should able to create measures like this, you can change table and column name as per your model

Incoming Calls = CALCULATE ( COUNT ( Table[CallId] ), Table[Type] = "Incoming" )

Outgoing Calls = CALCULATE ( COUNT ( Table[CallId] ), Table[Type] = "Outgoing" )

Check my latest blog post Improve UX: Show Year in Legend When Using Time Intelligence Measures | PeryTUS IT Solutions  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k ,

From your example, it looks like I'm getting the count for Incoming and Outgoing which I already have. You can see that from the sreenshot in this thread.  As mentioned in my original question, Incoming and Outgoing data is coming from the same table and are filtered within the report.  Page 1 filters Incoming column.  Page 2 filters Outgoing column.  I'm looking to get the count from Outgoing which is displaying on Page 2 and include this value on Page 1. 

So in my screenshot example, on Page 2, Outgoing Calls grand total is 29.  On Page 1, Incoming Calls grand  total is 29.  I want to sum these two totals and add to a new column (measure) in my report.  I'm expecting my new column(measure) to have the value 58.

Is this possible?

I'm not sure I'm following your example.  What is Table[Type]="Incoming"?

I understand Table[Type] would be replaced by my table and column but I don't understand ="Incoming".

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@micheledubose not exactly sure what you are looking for, can you explain a bit more in detail.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k ,

This is what I have:

Page one:

micheledubose_0-1614011271697.png

Page two:

micheledubose_1-1614011352022.png

Page one filters on Incoming Calls.  Page two filters on Outgoing Calls.  I want to create a measure that sums up the counts for Incoming and Outgoing Calls.  Is it possible to sum the grand total even though they're in two separate pages?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.