Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ani1991
Resolver III
Resolver III

Refer values fetched by measure in parameters.

Hi Team,

Greetings of the day!!

Is there any way where I can refer the values fetched by the measure in a parameter created in the report.

For eg:
If a what-if parameter is used in the report, using this the user can input any numeric value in the box or can select any. By using SELECTEDVALUE function we can fetch the value in a measure. But can this value further be used in a Parameter.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ani

5 REPLIES 5
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Ani1991 ,

I have a little confused about your requirement.

Do you want to refer the measure value in the what if parameter?

If so, I think we cannot achieve that.

Normally, we could reference the parameter value in measure in power bi.

In addition, you could share some data sample and your desired output so that we could try any other ways.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft 
Thank you for your reply.

I want to refer a value captured in a measure in a report parameter.

For example:

Here is one measure:

test_measure = SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Column1])
Say this value is a numeric value 20.

I have a report parameter created say Numeric_input. Can I somehow point my report parameter Numeric_input to the measure test_measure so that I use this value for further running a script.

Thanks,

Ani

Hi @Ani1991 ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share your data sample and your desired output.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Team,

I recently got to know that it is not possible to call measures in a parameter. Hence I took an another approach for this query which is not calling any measure in a parameter but writing the values in an excel sheet and reading the values from it.

Thanks,

Ani

Hi @Ani1991 ,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to use the parameter value in your measure?

If so, we could achieve that in power bi.

Normally, if you create a what if parameter, it will return a measure like below so that you could refer it in other measures.

Capture.PNG

If you still need help, please share your sample data and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.