Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refer to a value on different tab

Hello brilliant community,

I have developed a Fortnightly salary report (say on tab 1)that runs based on employees selected from the slicer for a fortnight.Capture.PNG

On the same report, on another tab there is consolidated fortnightly salary report(say tab 2) that looks like this:

Capture2.PNG

The problem I am facing is that on tab 1 the selection of employees may vary each fortnight. So, I am wondering if there is a formula in DAX that I can use to refer to the fortnightly totals on tab1 in tab2 for that fornight? Say I run tab1 report for fortnight ending on 05/05/2019 & refer these totals on tab2 to populate it against period end date 05/05/2019

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you create relationship on tab2[Period End Day] and [Period]? Could you please clarify the relationship among [Period] slicer ,tab1 and tab2?

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data or desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying to my message @v-xicai . Tab1 and Tab2 are on the same report & have same report level filters applied, also they have the same underlying 2 db tables: 

Emp_details

Emp_Costing

Relationship between them is Many to one from Emp_Costing to Emp_details, joined on emp_code column.

Period on tab1 and tab2 are the same, its a column Period_end_date (it has the fortnight end dates)from Emp_Costing table.

The results that I expect on Tab2 looks like following: 

final result.PNG

Basically I want to kind of auto populate 'Total fortnightly payment' colum from total of 'Amount' column on Tab1.  The report on tab1 is run for each fortinght and the total amount, populates in Total fortnightly payment column next to the corresponding fortnight period.  The reason I created two tabs is that the employees selected to run the report, can vary for each fortnight. So, I run tab1 for each fortnight by selecting specific employees and populate the totals on tab2 that consolidates fortnightly totals.

Hope I could clarify my problem.

Thanks,

Meena

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.