Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

carlol
Helper IV
Helper IV

Reduce Space(Gap): Y axis and bar chart

Can you reduce the space between the Y Axis and the first Bar ? Cannot see anything obvious

carlol_0-1623159904040.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carlol ,

Based on my research, it seems there's no related option in visual format that could realize this feature. You may consider to submit this as an idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/ 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carlol ,

Based on my research, it seems there's no related option in visual format that could realize this feature. You may consider to submit this as an idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/ 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hello @v-jayw-msft 

I'm impressed about the amount of chart features that have been lost between Excel & Power BI, even years after the first version of Power BI.

Here's another example (among others):

Solved: visual title at bottom - Microsoft Fabric Community

What is the idea of Microsoft? Is it to make people buy add-ons (I can understand that)? Or is there a real will to enable the same level of customization we had in Excel (without the excessive tinkering)?

Regards

LauGCG

Submitted as an idea

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@carlol , I doubt there is blank value, This may be because axis column (table) do no have all matching values with the measure/value column

Filter the blank from visual level filter and check

It is a very simple chart , Country: Italy , france with 2 values illustrated in Minutes

*it is filtered by these 2 Countries , seems to cause the spacing, positons the Countries  in the centre of the X axis 

Appears to be a default spacing by the chart control we have no control over (clustered Column chart), No inner padding between the Y axis and the first illustrated Bar

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.