Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fabianscheffers
Frequent Visitor

Recreate the project online approval center in Power BI

Dear Community,

I want to recreate the approval view from project online in Power BI. In this view you can see the tasks I'm asked to accept. In our monthly reports we find that other task/status managers haven't accepted all the hours on their name. This causes a difference between hours they expect and in reality. 

In Power BI I want to recreate the approval view, but then for the whole organisation. In this way I hope we can inform the status manager to update their approvals and our reports will be more valuable. 

I'm searching for how this view is generated, but I can't find the appropriate settings to create this. 

Thanks for your help in advance! 

Screenshot.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Yuliana,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes the data is available. I think I already found the right data. That was the most difficult part. Couldn't find a glossary where all the project online data is explained.

There is not much information about this connection. That was one of the reasons I posted this question.

My solution below gives the same result as my previous screenshot 🙂

Powerbi.jpg

Kind regards,

Fabian

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @fabianscheffers,

If all these data is available in source dataset, after loading dataset into Power BI desktop, you can directly use a table visual to display data. But it is not available to create an exactly same report as that on project online. The highlighed part is not achievable in Power BI.

1.PNG

Besides, you can read the online source to know more about the usage of Power BI desktop. You can get started from this document.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes the data is available. I think I already found the right data. That was the most difficult part. Couldn't find a glossary where all the project online data is explained.

There is not much information about this connection. That was one of the reasons I posted this question.

My solution below gives the same result as my previous screenshot 🙂

Powerbi.jpg

Kind regards,

Fabian

Please let me know, what do you use to enter actual hours, timeshee or project tasks (the My Tasks page)?

Yes, we are using My Task page

Thank you @Ahmed_Bander for your quick response!

Could you please match tables on english that you use to get actuals hours entered on My Task page

I use the TimesheetLineActualDataSet table, but there are rows only entered on the timesheet form.

Here is the link on tables name https://www.screencast.com/t/F5sghARp

Thanks for advance.

Hi!

Can you share the name of the Fields and in what table you found them?

Thanks!

Hi,

My Power BI is in Dutch so I tried to visualise it by drawing some lines. I think the english wording is for some fields practically the same.

From an Odata perspective I didn't change any of the names from the tables. Hope this helps you @jvillarreal!

Tried to visualise it because my Power Bi is in DutchTried to visualise it because my Power Bi is in Dutch

Thanks for the information! Im having a bit of trouble traducing from dutch to english, since I cant find the fields.

Hi @jvillarreal,

If you give me the English odata feed names I can probably give you the right directions.

So the feed name and the fields under the feed.

Maybe we can work it out this way! 🙂

Dears,

I have the same need to produce a power bi dashboard showing the pending approvals of the tasks to follow up with projects owners and status managers, but i could not  find the required information in the Odata tables and in specific the not approved hours.

My understanding that you resolved this, so i appreciate sharing which Odata tables and fields used.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.