Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoyH
Helper I
Helper I

Recent Sources no longer shows Redshift connections

Version: 2.98.683.0 64-bit (October 2021)

Prior to this latest release, all of my Redshift connections were saved in Recent Sources. That is no longer the case.  "Amazon Redshift" appears in the list, but it is not the saved connection. When I select that option, I get an error message. Is this a potential bug or expected behavior? Is there somewhere I should go in Desktop to refresh the sources so this works?

TIA

JoyH_0-1634741147121.png 

JoyH_1-1634741322267.png

6 REPLIES 6
Hui_Ken_Sam

I have updated my PowerBI Desktop to the September 2022 version (2.109. 642.0), but the issue is still present. Are there any fixes for this Issue?

I have updated versions every month (my company does not allow us to roll back to previous versions) and it has continued to stay broken. I submitted a ticket to Microsoft back in November of 2021, they told me it would be fixed in the next release, I followed up when it was not and was told "the next release". I quit follow up after that.

mkcongrove1
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is still an issue in the 2.99.621.0 version. 

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JoyH ,

Is there a connection problem if I download the previous version of Power BI desktop?

Down previous versions rfer:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-de... 

And refer the foolowing links,and rfer if it is helpful for you!

Connect to an Amazon Redshift database in Power BI Desktop

Troubleshooting connection issues in Amazon Redshift

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Previous versions of desktop work fine. I am able to see all of my Redshift connections listed in Recent Connections. This is just an issue with the October update.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@JoyH , Check for any open issues or report new one on latest release

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

This month Redshift connector was updated with SQL option, that might be causing that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors