Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

Recent Data with date period

Hi everyone,

I have database with 2 columns, one is pricingdate and other is market fix rate. so the market fix rate changes from time to time. In my report I added a slicer with calendar dateperiod like last 1 month, 3 months and so on.

Capture.PNGThis is how it looks like. Now when I select last 6 months I want the result as 1.31147541 but when i select last 9 months i want my result to be 1.301998568.

How do I get it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @pxg08680

I think I understand what you are after.

I created two tables.  The first table called dates just carries a single column of dates  using this code

Dates = CALENDAR(Date(2010,1,1),TODAY())

The second I hard coded in these three rows (2 columns) , and used this to drive my slicer.

slicer2.jpg

Finally I created the following measure

Measure = 
var SlicerValue  = MAX('Slicer Table'[SlicerID])
var LastDateMonth = LASTDATE(DATEADD('Dates'[Date],-SlicerValue,MONTH))
var LastActualMonth = CALCULATE(LASTDATE('Raw Data'[Date]),'Raw Data'[Date] < LastDateMonth)
RETURN CALCULATE(MAX('Raw Data'[MSPricingFXRate]),'Raw Data'[Date] = LastActualMonth)

I created no relationships between any of the tables. 

The idea is that when you make a selection on the slicer, the ID column controls how many months you want to jump back to.  Then the relevant MSPricingFXRate is returned prior to that jump back in time.

slicer1.jpg

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @pxg08680

I think I understand what you are after.

I created two tables.  The first table called dates just carries a single column of dates  using this code

Dates = CALENDAR(Date(2010,1,1),TODAY())

The second I hard coded in these three rows (2 columns) , and used this to drive my slicer.

slicer2.jpg

Finally I created the following measure

Measure = 
var SlicerValue  = MAX('Slicer Table'[SlicerID])
var LastDateMonth = LASTDATE(DATEADD('Dates'[Date],-SlicerValue,MONTH))
var LastActualMonth = CALCULATE(LASTDATE('Raw Data'[Date]),'Raw Data'[Date] < LastDateMonth)
RETURN CALCULATE(MAX('Raw Data'[MSPricingFXRate]),'Raw Data'[Date] = LastActualMonth)

I created no relationships between any of the tables. 

The idea is that when you make a selection on the slicer, the ID column controls how many months you want to jump back to.  Then the relevant MSPricingFXRate is returned prior to that jump back in time.

slicer1.jpg

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.