Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Receiable debt for particular date

Hello,

I have some struggle with DAX.

I want to calculate Total DEBT for receivables for particular date. Receivable becomes a debt when Over days is more than 0. For this I calculated two measures:

Over days - calculates for how many days the debt is

Over days = 
VAR datediff=DATEDIFF(FIRSTDATE('Customer Ledger Entry'[Due date]); LASTDATE('Calendar'[Date]);DAY)
RETURN
IF(datediff>=0 ; datediff ;0)

Balance  - calculates the sum of the receivable sums. It's a sum of all operations.

Everything is ok, when I'm calculating for every document, I just put in Visual filter more than 0.

The problem is that when I try to make Debt visualization according to month. It bring  Over days for a month not for the

particular document. So I tried to calculate a measure for debt receivable

Debt receivable = SUMX(FILTER(VALUES('Customer Ledger Entry'[Document No.]);[Over days]>0);[Balance, EUR])

but it remain the same: everything ok when it shown by document, and wrong when calculated by month:

Screenshot_19.png

Could you help me to write correct DAX for calculating Balance amount where over days ar more than 0?

Pbix file for test:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h425n4qf91c236i/Receivable%20debt.pbix?dl=0

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

So your requirement is to achieve aggregation value based on same document No, right? If it is, to be general, I would suggest you to convert [Balance, EUR] and [Over days] to calculate columns because measure nested in another measure may cause error, then you may modify measure Debt Receivable as pattern below:

Debt receivable = CALCULATE([Balance, EUR], FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Customer Ledger Entry', 'Customer Ledger Entry'[Document No.]),[Over days]>0))

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @v-yuta-msft for the replay,

Yes, I need aggregation value based on documents.

I tried to do so, but the problem is with Over days Measure - it's dynamical and depends on date filter in the page, so I can't calculate it as a column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.