Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

jwhitlow
Regular Visitor

Recalculate Grouped Table from Slicer?

I am trying to build a report of logins that contains two slicers, one for state and one for day type (weekday or weekend). I have a table of users. I created a reference to this table and applied some grouping. I created a small sample report of my report (below).

The State slicer is working as desired. The Day Type is not, however. It works fine for the top 4 items shown below, but not for the bottom 3. Those measures working from the Day Type slicer are all based on the main table. The bottom 3 do not respond to Day Type slicer since this table is static and does not have a Day Type column. My question is: Is there a way to have the referenced grouped table recalculate from the main table based on the applied slicer?

jwhitlow_1-1629078416770.png

My tables look like this:

jwhitlow_2-1629078750064.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jwhitlow ,

It's not supported to create calculated table by the slicer value.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

It's not possible to refresh the table by the slicer selection. Tables get updated only during On-demand or scheduled refresh.

Appreciate a Kudos! 🙂
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Regards,
N V Durga Prasad

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.