Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rearranging Matrix/Table

Hi,

I am working with a matrix visual to display Report Nmes, URLs and Report Descriptions.

matris.PNG

I need the description instead to be diplayed below each report name, instead of in its own column.

Like I said earlier, I'm using the matrix, but actively searching for any visual that might satisfy these needs in a better way - open to suggestions if you have any in mind!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure if you can get display exactly like that easily. But concatenate your name and report with a newline character in a new column or formula and try.

Refer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-add-a-line-break-in-a-text-concatenation/td-p/382028

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

not very clear on

I need the description instead to be diplayed below each report name, instead of in its own column.

Can you please explain with an example. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.
Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Below is the example I have. Note how the description is printed below each report name. The hyperlink icons in my report are replacing the >> arrows seen below.

Here is what I am modeling.Here is what I am modeling.

Not sure if you can get display exactly like that easily. But concatenate your name and report with a newline character in a new column or formula and try.

Refer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-add-a-line-break-in-a-text-concatenation/td-p/382028

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, the column I created was done through this statement.

master[Report Name] & UNICHAR(10) & master[Report Description]

And here is what I was able to create. Is this what you were getting at, @amitchandak ?

report and description.PNG

@Anonymous, I was expecting that will give you output like that. But does it solve the purpose?

Try to put Report Name, Description as 'Rows'; URL as 'Values'; expand to the next level and supress 'Row subtotals'
If first column is wide enought, it might work

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.