cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RVand
Frequent Visitor

Rearrange Hierarchy?

I have created a hierarchy like: MegaProduct / SuperProduct / ProductLine / SKU. I'd like to change the order to Super / Mega / Line / SKU. But this doesn't seem to be possible? I have tried dragging, right-clicking, ellipsis menu, google, forum search, and ideas search. It seems like this would be standard functionality - am I just doing something wrong?

Desktop Version: 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RVand 

In the latest version, the created hierarchy doesn't support drag to change the order. You can choose to recreate the hierarchy and add fields to the hierarchy regularly.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
essjayemm
Frequent Visitor

This can be achieved by viewing the hierarchy via the 'Model' view in PBI Desktop

essjayemm_0-1635460317823.png

Once in that view click the specific hierarchy field within the appropriate table.  For example :

essjayemm_1-1635460447693.png

Then, in the Properies blade, you can add and drag items to the hierarchy and (re)order them as needed.

essjayemm_2-1635460577321.png

Don't forget to click 'Apply Level Changes' once done. 😉

RVand
Frequent Visitor

That's unfortunate, but at least it confirms I wasn't doing it wrong. Thanks!

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RVand 

In the latest version, the created hierarchy doesn't support drag to change the order. You can choose to recreate the hierarchy and add fields to the hierarchy regularly.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!