Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RVand
Frequent Visitor

Rearrange Hierarchy?

I have created a hierarchy like: MegaProduct / SuperProduct / ProductLine / SKU. I'd like to change the order to Super / Mega / Line / SKU. But this doesn't seem to be possible? I have tried dragging, right-clicking, ellipsis menu, google, forum search, and ideas search. It seems like this would be standard functionality - am I just doing something wrong?

Desktop Version: 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RVand 

In the latest version, the created hierarchy doesn't support drag to change the order. You can choose to recreate the hierarchy and add fields to the hierarchy regularly.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

essjayemm
Advocate I
Advocate I

This can be achieved by viewing the hierarchy via the 'Model' view in PBI Desktop

essjayemm_0-1635460317823.png

Once in that view click the specific hierarchy field within the appropriate table.  For example :

essjayemm_1-1635460447693.png

Then, in the Properies blade, you can add and drag items to the hierarchy and (re)order them as needed.

essjayemm_2-1635460577321.png

Don't forget to click 'Apply Level Changes' once done. 😉

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
essjayemm
Advocate I
Advocate I

This can be achieved by viewing the hierarchy via the 'Model' view in PBI Desktop

essjayemm_0-1635460317823.png

Once in that view click the specific hierarchy field within the appropriate table.  For example :

essjayemm_1-1635460447693.png

Then, in the Properies blade, you can add and drag items to the hierarchy and (re)order them as needed.

essjayemm_2-1635460577321.png

Don't forget to click 'Apply Level Changes' once done. 😉

It worked. Thanks!

RVand
Frequent Visitor

That's unfortunate, but at least it confirms I wasn't doing it wrong. Thanks!

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RVand 

In the latest version, the created hierarchy doesn't support drag to change the order. You can choose to recreate the hierarchy and add fields to the hierarchy regularly.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.