Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really poor performance after PBI desktop update earlier this week

Hi, everyone. The most recent Power BI release seems to be having significant performance issues for me and I am wondering if the same can be said for anyone else? By way of example, I am editing the query for my Business Units table via an odata connection to Dynamics CRM 2016 online. Updates (e.g. changing the sort, expanding a field) normally take a handful of seconds. Now, I am typically waiting minutes (sometimes 3 - 4) after every change. I was previously having an issue with even being able to load the data last month, so that problem has been fixed, but now with this slow performance, it is making editing the file agonizing.

Wondering if anyone else is suffering a similar fate?

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I’m using the latest version of PBI Desktop and have not seen similar issue as yours. Did you see this performance issue with same data source and queries in previous versions?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft - not before this most recent update. 

pqian
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous can you capture a fiddlers trace for the OData connection? I'm wondering if there is any inefficiency in the way your query is been executed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pqian - good idea. I will see what I can do! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.