Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really Frustrated with Power BI

Hello everyone,

After purchasing power bi pro we are running into unending issues. I created a report using multi row card. Iam getting the data from a direct query. The issues i am having are :

1) How can i edit the name of the Card?

2)How can i do conditional formatting. I do not see the option

3) How can i add a calculation?

Please suggest.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Anonymous ,

Please forgive me but I miss lead you on my answer about the renaming of the card. You card is based on  a column that as the "status" correct?

In this case you cannot change the values on the card, you need to chang it on your data itself one option is trough the query editor.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

First of all you need to understand that not all the visuals have all the options, although PBI is getting a lot of visuals with more and more options.

1) What do you mean by name of the Card?

• If you are refering to an overall title you need to activate the title and write your title
  • If you refer to the Category below each value:
    • On each field that you have selected double click and rename the field for whatever you need.

multicard.gif

2) Multicard does not allow to have condittional formatting

3) Assuming that you want to have a sum of the values on the card or similar correct?

• You need to add a new measure to your card be aware that this may not result has you need in terms of visualization.

Why don't you use a matrix or table visual to do your visualization it allows customization at the conditional formatting and also make calculations based on context.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried double clicking on the value title to change them and i donot see an option to change the text, also can i color code pending , inprogress and complete as different colorsCapturebi.PNG

Capturebi.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

Your title is the "Corners" correct? You need to go to the options and change the title on the available space check my image on previous post.

Regarding the colors on the options of the multicard you cannot make it a different color, one option is to create 3 multicards with a filter on each of your categories and then change the bar colour individually.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MFelix thanks

i also want to change the data value title , for example "inprogress" to "progress" like that. Is there a custom multi card from market place that i can use for my requirements?

HI @Anonymous ,

Please forgive me but I miss lead you on my answer about the renaming of the card. You card is based on  a column that as the "status" correct?

In this case you cannot change the values on the card, you need to chang it on your data itself one option is trough the query editor.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MFelix @parry2k 

Thanks a lot. No offence but my personal view is the other tools out there have more functionalities than Power BI, one of our client has a different tool and we were able to do much more than we could with Power BI.

Thanks again

@Anonymous great feedback. It surely help to improve the product. Good luck and never hesitate to reach out for any question.

Cheers,

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @Anonymous ,

As I refer to change the InProgress to progress you need to double click the name of the column on the multicard check image below:

multicard.gif

Regarding the options in the store I don't know if there is any with your requirements.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MFelix 

Thanks ,

I am not a big fan of thecards either, but the end user ( in this case our client) wants the visuals as cards

Thanks

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous  

#1 - what you mean by name of the card? Are you referring "Title", you can change title by going to format pane.

#2 - on card visual, unfortunately there is no conditional formatting. may be you want to put this as an idea on idea forum.

#3 -  What calculation you want to put? DAX language allows you to do complex calculations which you can then use on your card or other visuals.

Hope it is helpful, if you can provide more informatin on calculation, someone will surely able to help.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k  Thanks

Well conditional formatting on cards is a show stopper. Hmm. 

Couple of things like i mentioned i used a direct query, i want to add calculation in that query . Is that possible ? How can i edit the sql code is there a document?

@Anonymous not sure when you say calculation what does that mean? Can you give an example? Here is link to direct query and its limitations.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

Thanks .

1) I created a report using direct query, in the reports i used multi card.

2) I have a new requirement to add a new field ( which is a calculated field) i have two options for this i guess

a) create in the source sql query

b) use DAX

If i choose option (a) how  do i edit the query ? 

If i choose (b) where can i create a DAX calcualtion ?

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous ,

Regarding the questions about the direct query you cannot add a new field on direct query mode, you can activate the use of DAX measure on your model but you need to go to options.

Concerning DAX calculation you can add measures in several ways clicking the ... on the tables visual and choose measure on the modeling bar  and then the new measure.

But check the @parry2k  documentation link to understand the limitations you face, it's my first advise.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.