Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vishnuragas
Frequent Visitor

Real timestreaming - (date/time data) does not get reflected on creating a report

I am streaming real time tweets using R script and sending it to Power BI using (Streaming data and REST API) to create a live streaming dashboard.

I have to create a tile which shows tweets over time. But the date/time field does not get reflected in the tile, it is just empty.

I'm not sure if I have to change the datatype or format of the field? Below is how the date/time field looks in R.date_time.PNG

The streaming dataset is as below: 

streaming dataset.PNG

Below is the tile I created (Shows blank)

blank tile.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

For data over some period you may use line chart, but is limited for last hour. Streaming will not show you data over a month or a week.

@rafaelmpsantos Hi, I have set the time to be displayed as "5mins" for that tile. Please see pic below. I have tried other options upto 60 mins.

over5mins.PNG

Maybe it can be date format. You know how to convert Date to a String in R? In PowerShell i always need to convert datetime to string.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.