Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maria_Maria
Helper II
Helper II

Real-time data changes in a published report

Hi!

I need a bit of advice.

I need to build a report that would show real-time changes (every minute refresh would be enough), the data source is MySQL.

Is it possible to set this up for a free Power BI user?

I found real-time streaming as a solution, but I am not sure if this is gonna work for a free account. 

Another solution that seems great is to use a custom visual Dynamic Slicer like here. But again, not sure about the limitations and drawbacks.

I'd be happy to hear any useful information as to what to choose or any other options for free accounts. 

P.s. just learnt that Direct Query is not supported if the data source is MySQL. Is there any workaround for that?

Thanks!

Maria

3 REPLIES 3
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, 

a workaround would be to use some tools like Azure datafacctory to pull data and stream it or direct query them to power BI, 

yes you can use streming in free licence, as long as you use a source that do accept streming like: Azure Analytic streaming: note that for this specific source of azure you do need a pro licence, basically some streaming source do require a cost to a third party, or not

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

@StefanoGrimaldi thanks for the reply!

The thing is that a client is just trying out power bi and is not ready to invest. 

Is there a free workaround to that?

Thanks,

Maria

as I say, it will depend on the data source, if its tryint out I will stick to direct query reports to do a demo better, less effort no cost involved on the free licence and it pulls data on request from the users, other tham that you will need to find a source that have free streaming apis, the feature itself on power BI its free, now the sources streaming capabilities its another topic that doesnt depend on the power bi end (unless its azure analytic them you do need pro licence)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.