cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason1979

Real time Data Refresh from SharePoint 2013 List (On Premise)

Is it possible to create a dashboard in Power BI for Source : SharePoint List and it should update real time based on the data changes in the source sharepoint list residing on SharePoiint 2013 (On premise)

I guess, logically it should. but in many cases I`ve seen for data refresh once in a day or need a manual refresh.

Therefore wanna confirm if that is the case even in PowerBI?

Jason

2 REPLIES 2
Gally

There is a workaround to achieve this but it requires a third party tool to automatically sync the SharePoint on-prem data to normalised SQL Azure tables. This approach works with all version of SharePoint though including SharePoint online.

Here's a blog post that I've written that describes the approach:

Power BI direct query workaround for SharePoint

v-sihou-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@jason1979

According to your description, you need a live connection to On Premise SharePoint List data source. However, live connection/Direct Query to  On Premise data source is only supported in SSAS, SQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA and Teradata currently. You can't have real time data refresh for SharePoint List. Please see: Data refresh in Power BI

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors